pricking up one's earsphrase
present participle of prick up one's ears
Synonyms & Antonyms of pricking up one's ears
See the Dictionary Definition
to pay attention especially through the act of hearing
- He pricked up his ears when he heard us discussing pizza for dinner.
Synonyms for pricking up one's ears
Near Antonyms for pricking up one's ears
Antonyms for pricking up one's ears
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game