variants: or porticos
plural of portico
Synonyms of porticoes
See the Dictionary Definition
formal a row of columns supporting a roof at the entrance of a building
- Entry to the mansion is through a lavish portico.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for porticoes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors