present tense third-person singular of pile (up)
Synonyms & Antonyms of piles (up)
See the Dictionary Definition
to gradually form into a layer, pile, or mass
- snow piling up in the driveway at a rapid pace
Synonyms for piles (up)
Words Related to piles (up)
Near Antonyms for piles (up)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game