plural of missioner
Synonyms & Antonyms of missioners
See the Dictionary Definition
a person who is sent especially to a foreign country to do religious work (such as converting people to the religion or ministering to the sick)
- The church has a program in which volunteers spend one year abroad as missioners.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for missioners
- (or monsignori),
- (or idolators),
- (or worshipers),
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for missioners
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game