plural of mainstay
Synonyms of mainstays
See the Dictionary Definition
something or someone to which one looks for support
- Mom has been our mainstay in this crisis
Synonyms for mainstays
Words Related to mainstays
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors