made a pretensephrase
past tense of make a pretense
Synonyms of made a pretense
See the Dictionary Definition
to take on a false or deceptive appearance
- He didn't even make a pretense of appreciating her artwork.
Synonyms for made a pretense
Words Related to made a pretense
Phrases Synonymous with made a pretense
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game