present participle of loft
Synonyms of lofting
See the Dictionary Definition
to send through the air especially with a quick forward motion of the arm
- he lofted the ball down the center of the field toward a receiver
Synonyms for lofting
Words Related to lofting
Phrases Synonymous with lofting
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game