present tense third-person singular of inhabit
Synonyms of inhabits
See the Dictionary Definition
to be in a place for a period of time
- We need to protect the forests and also the wildlife that inhabits them.
- The people who inhabit the island take great pride in their art.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for inhabits
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game