present tense third-person singular of imprison
Synonyms & Antonyms of imprisons
See the Dictionary Definition
to put in or as if in prison
- in this society, we try to imprison criminals so that they can't do any more harm
Synonyms for imprisons
Words Related to imprisons
Near Antonyms for imprisons
Antonyms for imprisons
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game