holding one's breathphrase
present participle of hold one's breath
Synonyms of holding one's breath
See the Dictionary Definition
to remain in place in readiness or expectation of something
- The audience was holding their breath for the movie's final action scene.
- Don't hold your breath waiting for that swindler to return your money.
Synonyms for holding one's breath
Words Related to holding one's breath
Phrases Synonymous with holding one's breath
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
- Kids' Table: A Table with a Mess of Names
Ask the Editors