past tense of grunt
Synonyms & Antonyms of grunted
See the Dictionary Definition
to speak softly and unclearly
- was so absorbed with the video game that when asked what he wanted for dinner, he just grunted
Synonyms for grunted
Words Related to grunted
Near Antonyms for grunted
Antonyms for grunted
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game