present tense third-person singular of gnaw (on)
Synonyms of gnaws (on)
to crush or grind with the teeth
- please don't gnaw on that steak bone—it's very unseemly
Synonyms for gnaws (on)
Words Related to gnaws (on)
Phrases Synonymous with gnaws (on)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game