present participle of gnaw
Synonyms & Antonyms of gnawing
See the Dictionary Definition
to consume or wear away gradually
- time has gnawed that author's reputation to the point where he rates little more than a footnote
Synonyms for gnawing
Words Related to gnawing
Near Antonyms for gnawing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game