present tense third-person singular of flitter
Synonyms & Antonyms of flitters
See the Dictionary Definition
to make an irregular series of quick, sudden movements
- the birds flittered back and forth between the backyard feeder and the safety of the trees
Synonyms for flitters
Words Related to flitters
Near Antonyms for flitters
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game