present tense third-person singular of excavate
Synonyms & Antonyms of excavates
See the Dictionary Definition
to hollow out or form (something) by removing earth
- workmen are excavating a long tunnel that will eventually replace the aboveground expressway
Synonyms for excavates
Words Related to excavates
Near Antonyms for excavates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game