present participle of elect
Synonyms & Antonyms of electing
See the Dictionary Definition
to decide to accept (someone or something) from a group of possibilities
- I've elected to study French as my foreign language
Synonyms for electing
Words Related to electing
Near Antonyms for electing
Antonyms for electing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game