plural of dry nurse
Synonyms of dry nurses
See the Dictionary Definition
a girl or woman employed to care for a young child or children
- after years of being a dry nurse to other women's children, she longed to have a child of her own
Synonyms for dry nurses
Words Related to dry nurses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors