dropped a dime (on)phrase
past tense of drop a dime (on)
Synonyms of dropped a dime (on)
to give information (as to the authorities) about another's improper or unlawful activities
- The criminal dropped a dime on his former associates in exchange for a more lenient sentence.
Synonyms for dropped a dime (on)
Words Related to dropped a dime (on)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game