present tense third-person singular of doss (down), chiefly British
Synonyms & Antonyms of dosses (down)
See the Dictionary Definition
to go to one's bed in order to sleep
- he frequently plays host at his London flat, and overnight guests pretty much doss down where they please
Synonyms for dosses (down)
Words Related to dosses (down)
Phrases Synonymous with dosses (down)
Near Antonyms for dosses (down)
Antonyms for dosses (down)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game