present participle of dispel
Synonyms & Antonyms of dispelling
See the Dictionary Definition
to cause (members of a group) to move widely apart
- the sudden downpour dispelled the throng of street revelers
Synonyms for dispelling
Words Related to dispelling
Near Antonyms for dispelling
Antonyms for dispelling
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game