present tense third-person singular of creak (along)
Synonyms & Antonyms of creaks (along)
See the Dictionary Definition
to move slowly
- the line at the registry of motor vehicles was just creaking along
Synonyms for creaks (along)
Words Related to creaks (along)
Near Antonyms for creaks (along)
Antonyms for creaks (along)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game