variants: also counter-assaults
plural of counterassault
Synonyms of counterassaults
See the Dictionary Definition
an attack made to counter an enemy's attack
- a feeble counterassault that proved to be entirely futile
Synonyms for counterassaults
Words Related to counterassaults
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors