present tense third-person singular of connote
Synonyms of connotes
See the Dictionary Definition
formal, of a word to make you think about (something) in addition to the word's meaning
- The word "childlike" connotes innocence.
- For her, the word "family" connotes love and comfort.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for connotes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game