present tense third-person singular of close (off)
Synonyms & Antonyms of closes (off)
See the Dictionary Definition
to disallow entry into (a place) by means of a physical barrier at the entry point
- museum officials closed off the west wing after the fire
Synonyms for closes (off)
Words Related to closes (off)
Near Antonyms for closes (off)
Antonyms for closes (off)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- What Puts the 'Tide' in ‘Yuletide'?
- 13 Breakfast Foods That Are Also Verbs
- The Declassified History of 'Security Blanket'
- If You Like to Complain About 'Decimate'...
Ask the Editors