plural of close call
Synonyms & Antonyms of close calls
a barely successful escape from something undesirable
- the doctor said I'd had a close call, and was lucky to be alive
Synonyms for close calls
Words Related to close calls
Phrases Synonymous with close calls
Near Antonyms for close calls
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game