plural of claimant
Synonyms of claimants
See the Dictionary Definition
formal a person who believes that he or she has a right to something (such as an amount of money); a person who claims something
- They are claimants to their father's estate.
- Claimants will need to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
- a dispute between two claimants to the throne
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for claimants
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Original Meanings Quiz Take the quiz
- July 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game