plural of butte
Synonyms & Antonyms of buttes
a type of hill with a flat top and steep sides that is found in the southwestern U.S.
- The otherworldly sandstone buttes of Monument Valley, Arizona are well worth a visit.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for buttes
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for buttes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- July 2021 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Commonly Confused Words Returns Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game