biding one's timephrase
present participle of bide one's time
Synonyms of biding one's time
See the Dictionary Definition
to remain in place in readiness or expectation of something
- decided to bide her time until she had an opportunity to switch jobs
Synonyms for biding one's time
Words Related to biding one's time
Phrases Synonymous with biding one's time
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game