present tense third-person singular of beseech
Synonyms & Antonyms of beseeches
See the Dictionary Definition
to make a request to (someone) in an earnest or urgent manner
- parishioners ardently beseeched the local bishop not to close their beloved church
Synonyms for beseeches
Words Related to beseeches
Phrases Synonymous with beseeches
Near Antonyms for beseeches
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game