plural of beggar
Synonyms of beggars
(Entry 1 of 2)
a person who lives by public begging
- the pitiful beggars that are such a common sight in underdeveloped countries
Synonyms for beggars
Words Related to beggars
- [chiefly Australian & New Zealand],
present tense third-person singular of beggar
Synonyms & Antonyms of beggars (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game