been on the lookout forphrase
variants: or kept a lookout for
past participle of be on the lookout for
Synonyms & Antonyms of been on the lookout for
See the Dictionary Definition
to be cautious of or on guard against
- After the storm, the police told the public to be on the lookout for downed power lines.
- The public should remain vigilant and keep a lookout for any suspicious activity.
Synonyms for been on the lookout for
Words Related to been on the lookout for
Phrases Synonymous with been on the lookout for
Near Antonyms for been on the lookout for
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game