present tense third-person singular of become
Synonyms & Antonyms of becomes
See the Dictionary Definition
to eventually have as a state or quality
- many people became sick with the flu
- with the arrival of autumn the days become crisper and breezier
Synonyms for becomes
Words Related to becomes
Near Antonyms for becomes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game