plural of avant-garde
Synonyms & Antonyms of avant-gardes
See the Dictionary Definition
the innovators of new concepts, styles, and techniques especially in the arts
- to the theater world's avant-garde, the melodrama seemed like a very old-fashioned play whose time had come and gone
Synonyms for avant-gardes
Words Related to avant-gardes
Near Antonyms for avant-gardes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors