present tense third-person singular of ascend
Synonyms & Antonyms of ascends
See the Dictionary Definition
to move or extend upward
- the path ascended so steeply at one point that we had to scramble up on our hands and knees
Synonyms for ascends
Words Related to ascends
Near Antonyms for ascends
Antonyms for ascends
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game