present participle of apologize
Synonyms of apologizing
See the Dictionary Definition
to express regret for doing or saying something wrong
- I want to apologize to you for my rude behavior yesterday.
- We apologize for the mistake and promise that it won't happen again.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for apologizing
- explaining away,
- glossing (over),
- glozing (over),
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game