past tense of allow (for)
Synonyms & Antonyms of allowed (for)
See the Dictionary Definition
to give consideration to (as unexpected circumstances or contingencies)
- budget your time to allow for the possibility of unexpected problems
Synonyms for allowed (for)
Words Related to allowed (for)
Phrases Synonymous with allowed (for)
Near Antonyms for allowed (for)
Antonyms for allowed (for)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game