present tense third-person singular of admire
Synonyms & Antonyms of admires
See the Dictionary Definition
to think very highly or favorably of
- I admire the way you handled such a touchy situation
Synonyms for admires
Words Related to admires
- dotes (on),
Phrases Synonymous with admires
Near Antonyms for admires
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game