plural of Dunkirk
Synonyms of Dunkirks
See the Dictionary Definition
a time or state of affairs requiring prompt or decisive action
- with the company facing a financial Dunkirk, it was hoped that the new CEO could turn things around—and fast
Synonyms for Dunkirks
Words Related to Dunkirks
Phrases Synonymous with Dunkirks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors