Medical Definition of xanthopterin
: a yellow crystalline amphoteric pigment C6H5N5O2 that occurs especially in the wings of yellow butterflies and also in the urine of mammals and that is convertible into folic acid by the action of various microorganisms
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?