Medical Definition of xanthoma
: a fatty irregular yellow patch or nodule containing lipid-filled foam cells that occurs on the skin (as of the eyelids, neck, or back) or in internal tissue and is associated especially with disturbances of lipid metabolism
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game