Medical Definition of xanthoma
: a fatty irregular yellow patch or nodule containing lipid-filled foam cells that occurs on the skin (as of the eyelids, neck, or back) or in internal tissue and is associated especially with disturbances of lipid metabolism
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game