Medical Definition of walkabout disease
: a disease of horses marked by cirrhosis of the liver, severe nervous symptoms, and continuous aimless walking and usually believed to be caused by eating poisonous vegetation especially of leguminous plants of the genus Crotalaria
— called also walking disease— compare crotalism
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game