von Gierke diseasenoun
Medical Definition of von Gierke disease
: a glycogen storage disease that is caused by a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate and has a clinical onset at birth or during infancy, that is characterized especially by enlargement of the liver and kidney, hypoglycemia, hyperlipidemia, hyperuricemia, acidosis, adiposity, xanthomas, and nosebleeds, and is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game