Medical Definition of voltage clamp
: stabilization of a membrane potential by depolarization and maintenance at a given potential by means of an electric current from a source outside the living system especially in order to study the flow of potassium and sodium ions independently of the effects of changes in the membrane potential
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game