Medical Definition of vole bacillus
: a bacterium of the genus Mycobacterium (M. microti) that is closely related to the tubercle bacillus (M. tuberculosis), was first isolated from a wild European vole of the genus Microtus (M. agrestis), and has been used in vaccines against tuberculosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game