veronalnoun, often capitalized
ver·o·nal | \ ˈver-ə-ˌnȯl, -ən-ᵊl\
Medical Definition of veronal
: a preparation of the sodium salt C8H11N2NaO3 of barbital formerly used in medicine as a sedative and hypnotic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game