Medical Definition of vena comitans
: a vein accompanying an artery The accompaniment is so complete, in fact, that for much of the route up the arm, the vein network forms true venae comitantes, or parallel paired veins on either side of the artery.— Walter Carl Hartwig, Fundamental Anatomy, 2008
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game