van't Hoff's lawnoun
Medical Definition of van't Hoff's law
: a statement in physical chemistry: the effect of a change in temperature on a system in equilibrium is to shift the equilibrium in the direction that acts to nullify the temperature change according to van't Hoff's law, an increase in temperature will cause an increase in the rate of an endothermic reaction
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game