Medical Definition of valdecoxib
: an NSAID C16H14N2O3S that is a COX-2 inhibitor administered orally especially to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and primary dysmenorrhea but withdrawn from sale by the manufacturer because of its link to cardiovascular events (as heart attacks) and severe skin rashes — see bextra
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?