Medical Definition of vaginectomy
: partial or complete surgical excision of the vagina Researches say one of every 1,000 DES daughters will develop vaginal cancer by age 36. If detected early, it is treatable, though some cases result in hysterectomies or partial vaginectomies.— Renee Graham, The Boston Globe, 30 Oct. 1988
— called also colpectomy
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?